CHRISTINA KIM CAPTURES FIRST LPGA TITLE IN NINE YEARS

Christina Kim was crowned winner of the final round of Lorena Ochoa Invitational. The victory was not easy one. In the 18th hole,  Chinese golfer Shanshan Feng tied with Kim at 15 under par. After two playoffs rounds, Kim managed to win the tournament with just one stroke.

Following Kim was Chinese golfer Shanshan Feng with a one stroke difference, and closely behind the two came Korean Inbee Park to take third place.

Christina said that this tournament is very special to her, and that since 2012  she has made it her goals to participate in an event like LOI. She expressed feeling excited, happy and above all, grateful and lucky to win this time.

"Honestly this is a very special tournament for me because I have known Lorena since I was 15 years old and she's been my inspiration for half of my life, so I feel honored to have won. The truth is in this round Shanshan gave me a run for my money; truthfully when we were on the last hole, I wanted her to win, I did not see her sad, she is a remarkable woman. During that time, a lot of expletives went through my head, However, I always felt I had the opportunity to win.  I had planned to take a flight back tonight, but I really want to spend it with all the people of Mexico. "


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUAMALAT BULLETS CLINCH VICTORY IN PHUKET

MERSING EAGLES EDGE UITM LIONS TO CLAIM MRL THIRD PLACE

PERAK CLAIM FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON